Supreme Court of India Calendar 2019 News: As shown in the image above – Orange colour squares indicate the actual date of festivals. Sundays and Supreme Court Holidays are shown in red. This is the latest update in sequence with List of Translators for translating documents from Hindi to English on the approved panel of the Registry and List of translation charges. Order dt. 14.9.2018 of Ld. Registrar (J-IV).
Supreme Court of India Calendar 2019, List of Holidays Out
On an Official Website of Apex Court – Supreme Court of India – supremecourtofindia.nic.in/calendar, there is much more to learn about. For example, chief justice & judges, judges roster, committees, registry officers, notices and circulars, judges library, display board, right to information, calendar, e-visitor Pass, E-Committee, Mediation, Recruitment, Multimedia, Legal Aid, Tender, FDRs & Deposits, Law Officers, Museum Court Fees Calculator, Limitation Calculator, Statistics, Important Links, Advocates-on-Record, SCBA Website, Senior Advocates, Case Category, Default List, Interlocutory Application and Lawyer’s Chamber Allotment.
- New Year Holiday – January 1 [Monday]
- Local Holiday – January 2 [Tuesday],
- Local Holiday – January 3 [Wednesday],
- Republic Day – January 26 [Friday],
- Maha Shivaratri – February 14 [Wednesday]
- Holi Holidays – February 26 to March 3 [Monday to Saturday],
- Mahavir Jayanti – March 29 [Thursday],
- Good Friday – March 30 [Friday],
- Buddha Purnima – April 30 [Monday],
- Independence day – August 15 [Wednesday]
- Id-ul-Zuha (Bakrid) – August 22 [Wednesday],
- Janmashtami – September 3 [Monday],
- Muharram – September 21 [Friday],
- Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday – October 2 [Tuesday]
- Dussehra Holidays – October 15 to October 20 [Monday to Saturday],
- Diwali Holidays – November 5 to November 10 [Monday to Saturday],
- Milad-un-Nabi or Id-e-Milad – November 21 [Wednesday]
- Guru Nanak’s Birthday – November 23 [Friday],
- Christmas & New Year Holidays – December 17 to January 1, 2019 [Monday to Tuesday]
Time will tell, and circumstances will decide whether the holidays will be busy or idle. This can be related to this year case where it was busy summer vacation for the Supreme Court with a listing of over 5000 cases.
This year, SC registry on April 01, 2017 issued advance list of 5,298 cases. As a result of this, in a 45-day break, out of 28 judges, 19 got engaged in hearing the cases.
Supreme court, in General, takes ten days in winters, while summer long break was questioned by PM Modi last year. Late yesterday, SECRETARY-GENERAL (Shri Ravindra Maithani) unveiled a list of holidays in Supreme Court for next year . In a total of 19 groups, holidays are classified below.
Supreme Court of India Calendar 2019 News: SECRETARY-GENERAL (Shri Ravindra Maithani) releases the list of holidays by order for the year 2019 – www.supremecourtofindia.nic.in.